Social App

Apply to be a member of Fey Mercurial here!

Moderator: The Council

Forum rules
We have have 2 scheduled raid days: Thu, Sun. Thursday is a legacy raid unless we get a couple tanks and enough healers to do a normal raid.
Raids tend to run from 7:30pm to 10:30pm, with invites starting 15min before raid.

Currently looking for all roles
Zeffyn

Social App

Post by Zeffyn » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:38 pm

=========== Application ==============

Me: Roger
Character Name: Zeffyn (Used to be Darkstream)
Class/Level: 70
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... fyn/simple
(Replace the ' with a %27)

A Short Life Story:
Hey Fey Mercs,
Great too see that you awesome bunch of guys and gals are still going strong. I took a hiatus from WoW back in 2007, gave all my gold to Faira and hung up my hat as chief of the Fey raiding Warlocks at about the time BC came out. I have fond memories of MC and BWL runs late into the night on the quest for good times and phat lewtz, back when it was cool to be 60 and in T2 gear lol.

I was thinking about WoW the other day and thought I would get my account back up and running so I could look around and check out the state of the game - WHOA so much new stuff right!

As a gamer, I'm dedicated, capable, friendly and helpful. I understand that there is always someone more intelligent and informed on game related topics and I am wise enough to take advice and guidance from gurus in order to enhance my own gameplay and to educate and guide those that are even less informed than me. I believe a strong leader is one that is firm but fair, and leads by example. I dislike couch commanders and back-seat drivers.

Real-life: I'm now an IT admin in local government - coming up to my ninth year. I'm 28, have a loving partner and a wee 4 year old boy named Will. I am applying as a social application for now as am severely undercap and undergeared for anything else. Also not sure if I have raid-time like I did when I was a young fella.

Where have I been?:
When I left WoW I started playing EVE Online - it's different, and about spaceships, PVP and huge scale warfare.
A fight I attended involving 4700 players recently:
http://i.imgur.com/p5ZUCne.jpg

An FPS side game was released called Dust 514, it was on PS3 and allowed players to conquer the planets that were in the EVE Online game. I united the top talent of Japan, Australia, New Zealand and some strong American night owls into a powerhouse under the name 'Final Resolution.' - at one point holding 15 percent of all the conquerable land in the game and generating in-game currency of about 10 Billion units of ISK.

Me and the ground troops invading some land for those interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dShdcgoiy0

It's just a game sure but I learned a lot about people and leadership over that time. Diplomacy, organising pre-battle strategies, fleet and army fitting doctrines, ground commanding actual battles, alarm clock operations, psychological warfare and morale, mutiny and betrayal. It was fantastic :) but a LOT of work and so I stepped down as chief in its prime in July as you can see from this graph the replacement didn't do too well :(.
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Fina ... ion./stats

Lately things have been a bit ho hum and my attention has been wandering to other games and so.... logged into WoW after 7 years :)

Alts:
Sayshin - 4 - Mage
Basunaur - 15 - Shaman
Edea - 13 - Priest
Rangi - 32 - Paladin *Favourite alt because he's tanky, nice change from squishy.
Elphrall - 1 - Mage
Darksbank - 1 - Warlock
Turell - 23 - Druid
Laneward - 4 - Warlock
Slappada - 4 - Warrior

Raiding: Not end-game raid ready
Raiding Spec: Maybe Destruction but if I was raiding would build to Guild requirement.
Raiding Gear summary + upgrade intentions: Whatever would be required.
Raiding Experience: MC-40 / BWL-40 / AQ-40 / Onyxia [Pre BC]
Last Raid Boss Kill: Ragnoros and Nefarion.... Solo - the other night lol.

My History: Old school raider as above.
Current Guild: None
Reason for leaving current guild: N/A
Previous guilds: Fey Mercurial, Dues Conclave

The People I know: (If they remember) Faira, Jemmy, Tenaki - and others but my memory sucks.
References from Fey Mercurial: As above.
References from outside Fey Mercurial: Have been away from WoW for a long time.

The Random Space:
Guild Charter is a tome of common sense and decency - spot on for me.

Jemmy

Re: Social App

Post by Jemmy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Apologies again for the abrupt reponse when you /w me. Welcome back to Fey :)
You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you ought to accomplish. I have no responsibility to be like they expect me to be. It is their mistake, not my failing - Richard P Fenyman

Don't judge someone's choices without first knowing their reasons.

Instrument

Post by Instrument » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Old school! I remember Darkstream/Zeff.

I'm playing casually as well now, but I'm no longer on Dath'Remar, since I xferred to join my bro way back.

Say a Fey member in a BG the other day and I was like, "no way", you guys are still going :)

Hi Jemmy, say hi to Tobias if he still plays :)

I play paladin over on Frostmourne these days, lock, warrior & priest on the shelf!

Jemmy

Post by Jemmy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:06 pm

[quote="Instrument"]Old school! I remember Darkstream/Zeff.

I'm playing casually as well now, but I'm no longer on Dath'Remar, since I xferred to join my bro way back.

Say a Fey member in a BG the other day and I was like, "no way", you guys are still going :)

I play paladin over on Frostmourne these days, lock, warrior & priest on the shelf![/quote]

Unfortunately Tobias can't play any more, he had a few wrist operations and it makes playing WoW very painful :( Glad to see you're still around :)
You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you ought to accomplish. I have no responsibility to be like they expect me to be. It is their mistake, not my failing - Richard P Fenyman

Don't judge someone's choices without first knowing their reasons.

Instrument

Post by Instrument » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:49 pm

[quote="Jemmy"][quote="Instrument"]Old school! I remember Darkstream/Zeff.

I play paladin over on Frostmourne these days, lock, warrior & priest on the shelf![/quote]

Unfortunately Tobias can't play any more, he had a few wrist operations and it makes playing WoW very painful :( Glad to see you're still around :)[/quote]

Ah no :( I'm sorry to hear that Jemmy, that's awful :(

Been in a few guilds over the years, but I still remember the people from Fey the best. You're a good bunch, and you treated people right.

I'm happy that you're still carrying the flag :)

Koyannis

Post by Koyannis » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:04 am

Think I remember healing you. Gnome warrior???